|Making Treatment Affordable
Obtaining Treatments When They Are Needed The Most
Find more help regarding public and private
financial assistance for qualifying families and individuals here
It is generally accepted that as dental patients, we all "know" that we are supposed to do all the things our dentists or specialists want us to do.
For those of us who have had a tendency to avoid any or all dental treatments because of common or uncommon phobic reactions, dental anxiety or simply fear itself, delays cause more damage and usually end up causing more expense.
Finding the right practice and the right dentist or specialist that we can trust the most is certainly a great resource to discover. Not being able to conveniently afford the treatments we need to regain or maintain good oral health and well being can be frustrating.
Persons with strong histories of "avoidance" know well the long term consequences that seem to compound quickly. The loss of attractive smiles, being unable to eat anything and everything and the decreasing frequency of social contact are just some of the things we could do without.
Resources exist however, that can help patients get the treatment they need now... rather than later. Public and private resources exist in most communities that are designed to help individuals and families to get the treatments they need on a timely basis.
Well known financial institutions now offer financing plans (some even interest free) that enable us to get the dental care when it is needed ... and MOST affordable. Federal, State and Local government and private agencies also provide assistance for qualifying families.
More information about these resources is available on the internet. Most firms now provide on-line application forms to simplify the loan application process.
- FreeDentistry.com State by state directory of free or reduced fee health care resources
- MedicaidDentistry.com National directory of approved Medicaid dentists for qualified recipients
- Dental Research Programs Investigate Free Opportunities, Nationally and Internationally
- CitiBank offers the Citi Health Card
- Unicorn Financial offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic needs
- CareCredit, a popular provider promoted by many orthodontists
- CapitalOne Credit offers financing plans for assorted orthodontic and dental surgery needs
- EZPay Solutions offers financing plans dedicated to helping people with all credit histories attain financing for dental services (not to be confused with EZ Pay Dental)
- More and more practices offer In-House Financing for new and established patients